Microsoft Education

Feedback by UserVoice

Immersive Reader

Hi there, you’ve reached the Microsoft Education suggestion box site for Immersive Reader. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications may be merged together)
3 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

1. Adding a Lang Haitian Creole It is not a language option

Please add Haitian Creole as a language option in translation for teachers that would be amazing

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Immersive reader is terrific. Even better if you were able to edit the text within Immersive.

To help students review their work, it would be so helpful if the text could be edited in the immersive reader window.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. die potato die i baked yu a pie o boy what flavor pie pie pie dad im hungrey hi hungrey im dad why did you name this way why why why im goin

to do a blog your leaving me I met a rell man hay body look over here hahahahaha now your blind where all ging to die die die die die die pie pie pie its uffen time and we all gon die die die

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Immersive Reader Extension for Edge

It would be great if you made Immersive Reader as an Edge extension. Such as the one shown in this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/use-immersive-reader-on-w/fmidkjgknpkbmninbmklhcgaalfalbdh

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Connect Immersive Reading to the public libraries data base of digital reading material.

If you connected Immersive Reading to a data base of digital reading material (the public library) I'd need only a single tool for all my diverse learners, ESL, struggling readers and dyslexic students. Right now I use Kindle which is difficult to control even with the parental controls on and it needs constant monitoring. Combined with the other MS applications, I'd need only that single tool to teach and provide all my students with reading material.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show word stress.

It is good to see that, we can see the word split into syllables. Could you also please show, which part of the word is stressed? Such as 'Pas'.sen.ger

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. (OneNote feedback) add search by date created, not modified.

Adding a date created search option is very useful, and you can track things down much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow the translation feature to be accessed in Microsoft Word, not just in OneNote

You can use the translation feature in Immersive Reader in OneNote, but this is not available in Word. It would be very helpful to have this feature in Microsoft Word also! Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It'd be great if we could add words to the reader's dictionary. Since my notes are short hand it'd be great if they knew w/ means with, etc.

It'd be great if we could add words to the reader's dictionary. Since my notes are shorthand it'd be great if they knew what my notes mean. I prefer reading my notes out loud when I'm studying for a test because it helps me soak in information better. Silent reading I reserve for when I'm reading from a textbook and taking notes. But when I'm reviewing my notes to make connections and see what I need to work on, I prefer reading out loud, however, because my notes are shorthand the reader doesn't read smth as something, envt as environment,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Immerse Reader, better speed control

Please give the Immerse Reader a better speed control. 0,75 is for the German Male voice to slow and 1 to fast. 0.85 should be perfect, but it would be nice if we could just input the number we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Albanian to translate function

Today you can not translate to albanian. Is there a plan to introduce this? And if so, when?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Definitions

Can you add definitions to words please.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. i would love to underline while listening

While listening i would love to underline as an added option or / and write like i usually do with lenovo touch screen / Mouse

So maybe an option to hide reader, start stop with up and down keys as well as forward back with left an right keys

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. dictate

Using dictate to make bullet notes is impossible. The microphone stops recording after a few seconds of no audio. Maybe make a setting where it can dictate indefinitely, and be modified where the text appears where the cursor is.
    Using dictate to speak notes into one note would speed up note taking immensely since I can use the book to speak the main ideas, and then go back and using enter, tab, and shift+tab to make bullets and numbered notes. If dictate could simply read my words while I can make these adjustments I could note take multiple chapters at…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. xin loikhoa nlieu la thiet bi cua toi co bi ro toi cho ngay toi de tra loi ca nhan cua da lam phien ,,nhung hay vi xa hoi vi cam thong cho

xin loi toi kg biet ung dung nay la ai ,,nhung vi cho lau qua ma toi kg thay ung Micrnguoi kg co thong thao voi cong nghe entenets nen bo qua cho toi op hoi nay toi da tai ve tra loi ,nen toi hoi dai ,co gi kg phai xin dung phien vi toi la

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Saving settings

It would be great to be able to save settings on the mobile version. The drop down menu is difficult to maneuver on a small screen. Most people are probably going to depend on one language at a time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Immersive Reader

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base