Microsoft Education

Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Classroom (Retired)

Microsoft Classroom has been retired. New classroom experiences available now in Microsoft Teams for Education. Learn More: https://aka.ms/meetteamsedu

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Give private feedback to a student

When you now give feedback on a assignment to a student, every teacher in the Classroom group gets a e-mail copy of the feedback in their mailboxes. That's annoying. Can the feedback please be private for just the student and not send an automatic CC to all the teachers?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "preview" submissions while grading

Instead of having to open the submission in a new window, it would be nice to view it all in one tab, such as when you preview a document in outlook. This could speed up grading.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Admin Portal Tools

Administrative tool/report by campus and/or to see what students are associated with which teachers. Also, as a sys admin, it would be helpful to be able to "impersonate" a user to see what a teacher sees.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Team assignment in classroom

Returning teamwork assignments. When assignment is planned to do as a small team, ex 2-4 students, students should have option to connect all team members to assignment when he or she returns the assignment. When the teachers grades the assignment, grade should be visible for all connected team members.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create folders for assignments that you would like to make available for long periods of time.

Create folders so that assignments can be organized and reused year to year or you can make long term assignments.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Same feature set for Classroom Notebook and Class Notebook

Integrate features of the class notebook with the class notebook in classroom. Even though they are both class notebooks, the one in Microsoft classroom is “different” (this is what I was told by a Microsoft person on a webinar when I asked this question) – I see an update was recently made so that teachers can now lock the collaboration space through Microsoft classroom. All the tools for the new class notebook tab don’t work with the class notebooks from classroom (specifically - add/remove student teacher)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow students to comment on assignments

If I give a student a choice on the format of how they respond to an assignment, I would like for them to make a comment on the assignment when they submit it. For example, some students prefer to complete work directly into OneNote. They have no way of telling me that they have done this, but simply have to click the submit button. I then have to deduce where I can find their work. Other students can complete in e.g. Word or PowerPoint and can attach the file for me to mark.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add a standards based grading feature.

The current grading feature is too primitive to be useful. The ability to assess several learning targets or standards on a single assignment is necessary.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Numeric Class Icons

I would like to see numeric icons 1 through 10 or so to represent the class periods. The image icons look fine, but it is hard to mentally sort your consecutive classes by apply, book, etc compared to 1, 2, 3, 4... representing class periods.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Feedback/Correcting in Classroom

You need to make it easier to give feedback/correcting assignments in Classroom. If you are going to have an app act as an LMS, you need to make it fully functional...especially if the handout is a PDF. ClassNotebook is way too hard to get kids into and figure out how to get the assignment. Classroom is on the right track but is so limited in its capabilities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Classroom class notebooks to be managed like normal class notebooks

At present it is not possible to manage class notebooks created through Classroom. Class notebooks created outside of classroom can be managed by going to the class notebook app and selecting "Manage notebooks". From there it is possible to do things like add a teacher-only section, provide access to parents and guardians, etc.
    However, class notebooks created by Classroom do not show up in the list of notebooks that can be managed, so it is not currently possible to use any of these features with these notebooks, which seems strange.
    Why not have class notebooks created by Classroom able to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Teacher Calendar

I would like to see a separate calendar. My work calendar is my primary calendar, but all of my assignments are now showing up on my Outlook calendar as well. I am able to delete them, but they will randomly reappear.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Email Notifications Control

Will students and teachers always receive an email when a comment is made on work turned-in through the classroom?

For example, I grade a student's work and add a comment like "great job."  The student sees the comment on the assignment in classroom but also gets a message that says "great job" in their email.  Same if a student posts a comment to a teacher on an assignment.  The teacher will have a message in an email as well as on the classroom page that has the comment.  I can see this being very cumbersome for both teachers and students…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Reuse Assignment

The option to reuse a previously created assignments. Teachers will often create an assignment for one class, but this may need to be reused at a later date or given to another class. Rather than setting the same homework/assignment again it would be good to allow the teachers to reuse an existing assignment.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. If a class is not active, disable access to the class from Webmail for the students

If a class is inactive, students do not see that class if the they go to classroom. However, they can get to the conversation, files, calendar, and class notebook from Webmail group link, as they are member of that class. So by deactivating a class a teacher is only removing students access to assignments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Teacher give comments and attach file in marking the assignment

Provide an area to allow teacher to give comments and attach file for answer in marking the assignment, other than just give the marks

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. student deleted his assignments by accident that were in the sharepoint of OneDrive. Can these documents be retrieved?

student deleted his assignments by accident that were in the sharepoint of OneDrive. Can these documents be retrieved?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I would like to create an assignment and not have to assign it to a class. This would allow me to create a quiz and not let the kids see it

I want the option to create an assignment (like a quiz) that I don't want the students can't see yet. Then I want the option to assign to a class(es).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Posting Grades in Classroom

Is there a way when you enter grades for an assignment in Classroom that you can enter ALL the grades and then hit "Post Grades" for the entire class instead of have to click "Post Grade" after each grade is entered?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Microsoft Classroom (Retired)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base