Microsoft Education

Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Classroom (Retired)

Microsoft Classroom has been retired. New classroom experiences available now in Microsoft Teams for Education. Learn More: https://aka.ms/meetteamsedu

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Would like the ability to choose between bullets and a dropdown menu for Microsoft forms based assignments in Classroom

When creating an assignment in Microsoft Forms, I would like to be able to choose between a dropdown menu for answers in addition to the option for using a bulleted list of choices. For questions with many possible answers, tis will keep the assignments appearing more neat and consolidated within each page.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop class from creating distribution list entry in GAL

Give a way for a tenant admin to configure so that a new Class doesn't create a distribution list entry in the GAL

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate Delve to Classroom so teachers can explore other Classrooms.

It would be great if you could integrate Delve with MS Classroom.

At a school level it would be great as a Year 5 teacher to see what the Year 4 and Year 6 classrooms are doing.

However, more powerfully, in our district we would enable it district-wide like we have done for Delve at the moment. I'd love to collaborate with another teach at another school and see how they teach Physics, or Chemistry.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow file attachment to an announcement

Please allow files to be attached to the announcement area

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneRoster

Please adopt the rapidly growing auto rostering solution OneRoster by IMS Global.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Unless I am missing this, there should be a way for teachers to duplicate/copy assignments, anouncements, etc. to other classes they teach.

If I teach 3 Computer Basics classes and basically do the same in each, once I enter the information for one class, I should be able to duplicate the announcement, assignment, or files.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow schools to list more than 1 principal

In our District, we have a few schools that have more than 1 principal assigned to them.

When adding data to the SDS using CSV, we're unable to add both principals however. It would be nice to be able to add more than 1 principal.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The optimized flow of assignments

What would be great if it would possible to have the following flow: I as teacher I deploy an assignment through classroom making it available in the class notebook of each student, these students use their notebooks to do their assignments and then turn in their work in class notebook into the classroom where I can grade it and export the results of the class. I don't know if such a flow is already possible, but this would be the best. Thank you for your time and good work guys :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Edits to Assignments

It'd be nice to make edits to assignments for multiple classes at once instead of in each individual class.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Class Naming Policy Just like Group Naming Policy

Need Class Naming Policy just like group naming policy. if you have multiple schools with same subject that will be problem.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Delete Classes You've Created

Ability to delete classes I create

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integrate Xbox achievements with Classroom

Xbox achievements motivate students to work harder and achieve their goals.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Could Classrooms be in Sharepoint rather than OneDrive for Buisness?

The issue is continuity of classes if the teacher changes. If classrooms are created in OneDrive for business of a particular teacher and that teacher leaves and their Onedrive for Business is archived/closed, the class and resources could be lost. If the class is created in Sharepoint where it would not be associated with one particular teacher, it would not impact the location(URL structure and sharing) of the classroom if a teacher leaves. The classroom wizard could be used to adjust permissions to a new teacher. This would also help facilitate the rollover of classrooms from year to year.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The ability to set what format the submitted work should be

Assignments created in class notebook must be submitted in class notebook. Other assignments can be set to be completed in Word, Excel or video format, etc. So that teachers can control what they will be marking.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add attachment links/redirect to assignment in Calendar

When in the Classroom calendar and I hover over a class event or assignment, it would be great to see the attachments summary (or even if there are attachments). If I click on the event in the calendar, it should redirect me to that assignment in Classroom. Improving workflow between the areas of Classroom.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Group projects

A new assignment type where teams of students collaborate on the same assignment or document.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  undefined  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Peer evaluation for assignments

Assignments should support the concept of peer evaluation where students can review each other's work and provide feedback.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow classroom (groups) to be show for all people (not as private but as public group)

Allow classroom (groups) to be shown for all people (not as private but as public group)... To helps student and collegueas to see what you are doing in your class. Make classroom groups to be managed as O365 groups (as public content)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Class Blog built into system or link to Yammer

Have a class blog section or have a link to a class yammer that is created when the class is created.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Microsoft Classroom (Retired)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base