Email Class from Classroom
Is there a way to email the entire class from Classroom? I know you can email individual students under the "Manage" tab, but do not see a way to email everyone.
Keith Jenkins commented
You can email the entire group, but you have to make a change in Outlook. I found the way to add this feature to my Classroom group of teachers.
1. Open Outlook.
2. Find the Groups section at the bottom of the left view pane.
3. Click the group you want to change.
4. Select Edit Group at the top.
5. Find the check box with "Subscribe new members so they receive group conversations in the inbox. Otherwise, they'll only see them in the group inbox." Check this box.
6. Click OK to update the group.
7. Open new email and enter the Group name as the recipient. Send test email.
8. We added a new person AFTER this update and the changes were attributed to the new user.
This is working for me now. Hope this helps.
As an addition to the suggestion, this should be the default setting. Then allow teachers to disable the ability to email the group.
Aaron Sweet commented
The way that I would do it (and the only way that I know) is to access the Classroom as a Group in your Webmail. Then start a new Conversation. I don't see a way to email the whole class (all members) within Classroom other than posting a comment to a specific assignment. I personally wouldn't do that if it was just a general type of email and not specific to that assignment.