Microsoft Education

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

set a publish date for assignments

Add a publish date to assignments - when set, an assignment is hidden until the publish date, then appears to students. This way, a teacher could enter assignments in advance, timed to appear when appropriate for students.

192 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Craig McBain shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Keith Jenkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this option! Adding a publish date would be great for substitute days! All of the assignments would be automatically pushed for classes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Setting a publish date for assignments is a necessary feature for teachers. As of now, teachers only have the option to create an assignment which is immediately published. This leads to one of two problems: 1. students are seeing assignments too far in advance and it is leading to confusion or 2. a teacher has to wait until the day of the assignment to post it and may be rushed. Teachers should be able to post assignments on their own time.

Yes, please, yes! I loved this feature in Google Classroom and I think it would be a HUGE win for Microsoft Classroom!!

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! Let's give the teachers the flexibility to plan more in advance.

Yes! This is what I miss from Edmodo! It makes life so much easier to set up future assignments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base