Microsoft Education

Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Classroom (Retired)

Microsoft Classroom has been retired. New classroom experiences available now in Microsoft Teams for Education. Learn More: https://aka.ms/meetteamsedu

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Allow Alphabetizing of Students and Grouping of Students within Classroom.

Can't alphabetize on the people home page -- pretty annoying when you have 80+ kids in one class!

Also -- why are you only giving us 10 votes? We can give you so much more feedback if you allow us to like the suggestions that are most relevant to us!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the option for a student to join a classroom.

The student should be able to join by himself a classroom by entering a Classroom code that the teacher gives him.

By doing so, the teacher don't need to add the students manually and all his Classroom will fill with his students. The teacher could later verify is Classroom list and when all students are in his classroom, he could disable the code so no more students could join his Classroom.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Embed Audio and Video in Microsoft Forms based assignments

I would like the ability to embed audio and video within Microsoft Forms based assignments for Classroom.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email Notifications Control

Will students and teachers always receive an email when a comment is made on work turned-in through the classroom?

For example, I grade a student's work and add a comment like "great job."  The student sees the comment on the assignment in classroom but also gets a message that says "great job" in their email.  Same if a student posts a comment to a teacher on an assignment.  The teacher will have a message in an email as well as on the classroom page that has the comment.  I can see this being very cumbersome for both teachers and students…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change the way files are stored for assignments

Currently when an assignment is created there is a folder for each pupil in the SharePoint site where the pupil's work is stored. There is one folder for each pupil for each assignment. This would be fine, apart from the fact that every single one of these folders appears in the 'Shared with Me' area of OneDrive making the 'Shared with Me' area completely unusable.
    Surely this is unnecessary for these files as they will be checked through the assignments within Classroom.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Delete Classes You've Created

Ability to delete classes I create

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Options when creating a new class in classroom

For most teachers there is too much functions. There should be option (checkboxs) for calendars, onenote and email remainders when teacher creates a new class.
    Teachers should be able to add students when creating a new class.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Self enrollment into MS Classroom Courses

It would be great if there is an option that students can enroll themselves into a MS classroom course just by cklicking on an invitation or by a code. I would love to have that feature to provide different courses for students and the can get into the courses on their own (maybe with a double check by the teachers of the course)

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Microsoft Classroom application for Windows 10

In this moment we have Android App (http://aka.ms/andclassroom) and iOS App (http://aka.ms/iosclassroom). It will be great to have Windows 10 application too.
    My school use a small Windows 10 tablets and I wont to use Microsoft Classroom application on them.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. need parent E-mail notification for HW or Assignment

Need parent E-mail notification for HW or Assignment. can be edited by teacher or with Sync tool with option to have multiple E-mail address for parents per student.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Download all students' works

Download all the submitted works in "Assignments"

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Calendar in school hours

We don't have school starting at 9 till 9:30 or so... In our school system we work with school hours. Each day has 4 hours in the first part of the day and 3 (or optionally 4) hours after noon. That adds to 7 hour blocks (or 8). It would be great if those "blocks" would be already created in the calendar of a course - only showing the blocks of that course. A student can overlay all his 17 courses in 1 view and then has a complete school calendar. Now a teacher always needs to create the "meetings"…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scheduling Assignments

Scheduling assignments to appear in student's feeds on a given date.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Parents can view grades

I would love a parent communciaton piece that would allow parents to view their student's grades.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to assign assignments to individual students not just whole class.

I would like to be able to assign an assignment to individual students as well as the whole class. This will allow for differentiation.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. sync to gradebook software programs

It would be helpful to have the ability to synch to grade book programs such as Synergy and PowerSchool to avoid having to enter the grade in another location.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Students assigment returnings in the same page.

Teacher should be able to see students all assignment returnings in one page, just like Seesaw does, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tlw-tUKvnNc

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SDS - hide synced groups from address list

(posting for posterity and voting)

Make it so that groups synced by SDS do not show up in the Groups pane in OWA.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Creating a subgroup in Classroom

When a teacher has created a classroom is there any way to add subgroups within that class. Let's say I separate my students for joint assignments or I have a set group that requires special accommodations.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Conversations, notifications, emails

New entries in a conversation should have a notification (bell) with direct link to the conversation.

Email notifications should be optional at teacher's discretion.

Notifications and emails for conversations should contain a link to the related assignment in Classroom (like the assignment notification email).

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Microsoft Classroom (Retired)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base