Microsoft Education

Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Classroom (Retired)

Microsoft Classroom has been retired. New classroom experiences available now in Microsoft Teams for Education. Learn More: https://aka.ms/meetteamsedu

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Enable assignment distribution across multiple classes

Using the OneNote Class Notebook add-in a teacher can easily distribute a page across multiple classes. However, if the page is created as an assignment to sync with Microsoft Classroom, it can only be assigned to one class at a time. That requires the teacher to go to each class notebook separately and create/edit the assignment.
    There should be cross notebook distribution for assignments, like there is for pages.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow schools to list more than 1 principal

In our District, we have a few schools that have more than 1 principal assigned to them.

When adding data to the SDS using CSV, we're unable to add both principals however. It would be nice to be able to add more than 1 principal.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calendar View for Assignments

Add a calendar month overview that displays due dates for assignments. Beneficial for visual learners.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change student permissions in Files section from "edit" to "view only"

Currently students have editing rights for files/folders in the Files section. Students will be able to edit/delete files that are placed in here by the teacher who is distributing course materials. This will also affect assignments that are submitted as creating a new assignment also creates the associated folder, which is housed under Files. Currently students are able to access this folder and edit/delete assignments (including others')

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Disable Manual Class Creation by Group.

Have option to disable manual class creation for certain group members. like Teachers Vs. Students.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Class Naming Policy Just like Group Naming Policy

Need Class Naming Policy just like group naming policy. if you have multiple schools with same subject that will be problem.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The optimized flow of assignments

What would be great if it would possible to have the following flow: I as teacher I deploy an assignment through classroom making it available in the class notebook of each student, these students use their notebooks to do their assignments and then turn in their work in class notebook into the classroom where I can grade it and export the results of the class. I don't know if such a flow is already possible, but this would be the best. Thank you for your time and good work guys :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How does a district enroll in the Microsoft Forms preview?

There is a demo site available; however, no clear documentation I could find that details the request/authorization process for the inclusion of Microsoft Forms preview in an Office 365 tenant.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please clarify the purpose/use cases for Microsoft Forms vs. an InfoPath replacement.

Microsoft Forms seems to have many relevant use cases within the classroom as a simple quiz or survey builder (no specific use cases are currently published that I could find); however, not robust enough to function as a viable InfoPath replacement. How are other districts modeling the use of Microsoft Forms and filling the gap the deprecation of InfoPath left?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. send an email notification after assignments are graded or returned

After a teacher grades or returns an assignment to a student for re-submission, an email notification should be sent to the student.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Submit work from notebook page

Allow students to submit work from their class notebook in the classroom assignments -( just like teachers can assign a notebook page)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Could Classrooms be in Sharepoint rather than OneDrive for Buisness?

The issue is continuity of classes if the teacher changes. If classrooms are created in OneDrive for business of a particular teacher and that teacher leaves and their Onedrive for Business is archived/closed, the class and resources could be lost. If the class is created in Sharepoint where it would not be associated with one particular teacher, it would not impact the location(URL structure and sharing) of the classroom if a teacher leaves. The classroom wizard could be used to adjust permissions to a new teacher. This would also help facilitate the rollover of classrooms from year to year.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Post/Return Box location under Submissions

I have a screen shot that I will send, but the box remains at the top of the screen and you have to scroll down to locate all students, then scroll back and forth - just not very user friendly as reported by our teachers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. set a publish date for assignments

Add a publish date to assignments - when set, an assignment is hidden until the publish date, then appears to students. This way, a teacher could enter assignments in advance, timed to appear when appropriate for students.

192 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "Lock" documents after assignment has been graded and returned

A document should be locked for editing after a teacher grades and returns it. Students should not be able to delete or change anything after it has been graded and returned.

300 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Microsoft Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Group projects

A new assignment type where teams of students collaborate on the same assignment or document.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  undefined  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Peer evaluation for assignments

Assignments should support the concept of peer evaluation where students can review each other's work and provide feedback.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Teachers should be able to post an announcement, calendar event, or assignment to a particular student instead of whole class.

If I have a project assignment for a small group of students and I want only 5 students to get the assignment instead of the whole class there should be a way to select a group of students for differentiated instruction. If I have an IEP meeting for a particular student I would want to notify that student of the time and place on my calendar and not the whole class.

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teachers should be able to work ahead adding class information during the summer if wanted.

If I put all my assignments in my classes for the end of this year, will I be able to duplicate these or copy these to my new classes for next year?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unless I am missing this, there should be a way for teachers to duplicate/copy assignments, anouncements, etc. to other classes they teach.

If I teach 3 Computer Basics classes and basically do the same in each, once I enter the information for one class, I should be able to duplicate the announcement, assignment, or files.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Microsoft Classroom (Retired)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base